Thanks to the field experience and the collaboration with Ophthalmologists, SERVImed developed the new CF X-LINKER generation. The CXL device has now ìmproved technical features, along with a wider treatment choice, for a complete and smooth experience in your daily practice.
These phenomena of thinning and deformation are generally more pronounced in the young than in the old, and can continue throughout life. In the more advanced stages, the apex of the corneal cone may become opaque and rarely perforate. The corneal deformation generates an irregular astigmatism, usually myopic, with progressive and invalidating alteration of the eyesight not always perfectly correctable with glasses or contact lenses.
CF X-LINKER is one of the most complete solution for corneal ectasias treatment, thanks to its wide treatment range. It is an open system, that can be used with every riboflavin solution on the market, without needing additional materials or expenses. CF X-LINKER gives you the option to select between different protocols: EPI-OFF or EPI-ON, with continuous or pulsed UV emission, up to fully customizable user presets, to give every patient a specific treatment.
EASE OF USE The new CF X-LINKER interface has been optimized to provide an easy and smooth experience during every phase. Every operation is managed through the touchscreen 10’’ monitor, with exclusive proprietary software. The integrated camera allows you to follow the whole treatment live. CF X-LINKER allows you to compile, save or print a treatment report at the end of each procedure. You can easily save them in the internal database, export it via the integrated USB port or print it directly.
CUSTOM FAST CXL CF X-LINKER is the only system in the World that can perform Custom Fast CXL (cfCXL), customized, low power EPI-ON cross-linking treatment. Our proprietary software uses a mathematical model to calculate the procedure parameters automatically, based on patients’ topographic and pachymetric values. Custom Fast CXL allows the user to provide patients with a treatment tailored to their specific needs, while maintaining high safety standards.
Custom Fast CXL is supported by several international publications, with a 7-year follow-up.
(Custom Fast CXL can be performed only with CF X-LINKER system and RIBOCROSS te/RIBOFAST riboflavin solutions).
- 10’ touchscreen display;
- Easy to use interface;
- Integrated camera for treatment live view;
- Treatment report;
- Treatment report database;
- USB port for report saving and export;
- Corneal Ectasias;
- Post PRK/LASIK/RK ectasias;
- Pellucid Marginal Degeneration;
- Infectious Keratitis;
- UV Power: 1-30 mW/cm²;
- Continuous and pulsed UV emission;
- Beam diameter: 3-12 mm;
- Selectable treatments:
- Dresda EPI-OFF;
- Custom Fast CXL EPI-ON;
- Infectious Keratitis CXL;
- Customizable user presets;
- Demo mode.
- Ciro Caruso, Salvatore Troisi, Antonio Del Prete, Luigi Pacente, Gaetano Barbaro, Carmine Ostacolo, Salvatore Del Prete “Evaluation of the penetration through human cornea of riboflavin 0.1% in solution with other molecules after trans-epithelial application”. 1st EuCornea Congress, June 17-19 2010, Venice, Italy [pdf]
- Robert L. Epstein, Salvatore Del Prete, Ciro Caruso, Salvatore Troisi, Carmine Ostacolo, Luigi Pacente, Antonio Del Prete, Gaetano Barbaro “Thickness and ultra-structural changes in keratoconus-affected human corneas after transepithelial cross-linking” American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting, October 2010, Chicago (P0073). [pdf]
- Robert L. Epstein, Ciro Caruso, Carmine Ostacolo, Salvatore Troisi, Luigi Pacente, Gaetano Barbaro, Antonio Del Prete, Antonia Sacchi: “A new riboflavin solution for trans-epithelial cross-linking: a study of corneal pharmacokinetic” American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting, October 2010, Chicago (P0073). [pdf]
- Salvatore Del Prete, Ciro Caruso, Luigi Pacente, Salvatore Troisi, Antonio Del Prete, Gaetano Barbaro “Effects of UV-A rays on the corneal epithelial surface after topical application of riboflavin solutions: an electron microscope study”. American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting, October 2010, Chicago (P0073) [pdf]
- Gaetano Barbaro, Ciro Caruso, Salvatore Troisi, Antonio Del Prete, Luigi Pacente “A Mathematical Model of Corneal UV-A Absorption After Soaking With a Riboflavin Solution During Trans-epithelial Cross-linking”. 1st Refractive Online and SICSSO Joint International Congress, July 7-9, 2011, Grosseto, Italy (Best paper, podium presentation) [pdf]
- Ciro Caruso, Salvatore Troisi, Gaetano Barbaro, Carmine Ostacolo, Antonio Del Prete, Luigi Pacente “UV-A rays absorption in human corneas before and after trans-epithelial riboflavin application: an experimental study”. 2nd Refractive Online and SICSSO Joint International Congress, June 28-30, 2012, Rome, Italy (Podium presentation) [pdf]
- Ciro Caruso, Salvatore Troisi, Antonio Del Prete, Luigi Pacente, Gaetano Barbaro “Trans-epithelial cross-linking with riboflavin solution: one-year clinical results”. 1st Refractive Online and SICSSO Joint International Congress, July 7-9, 2011, Grosseto, Italy (Podium presentation) [pdf]
- Ciro Caruso, Luigi Pacente, Robert L. Epstein, Salvatore Troisi, Gaetano Barbaro, Antonio Del Prete: “Trans-epithelial cross-linking with riboflavin solution: two-year clinical results” 2nd joint International Congress Refractive Online & SICSSO, Rome 2012 (podium presentation). [pdf]
- Ciro Caruso, Carmine Ostacolo, Robert L. Epstein, Gaetano Barbaro, Salvatore Troisi, Decio Capobianco: “Transepithelial Corneal Cross-Linking With Vitamin E-Enhanced Riboflavin Solution and Abbreviated, Low-Dose UV-A: 24-Month Clinical Outcomes” Cornea 2016;35:145–150. [pdf]
- Ciro Caruso, Gaetano Barbaro, Robert L. Epstein, Diana Tronino, Carmine Ostacolo, Antonia Sacchi, Luigi Pacente, Antonio Del Prete, Marina Sala, Salvatore Troisi: “Corneal Cross-Linking: Evaluating the Potential for a Lower Power, Shorter Duration Treatment” Cornea 2016;35:659–662. [pdf]
- Ciro Caruso, Robert L. Epstein, Carmine Ostacolo, Luigi Pacente, Salvatore Troisi, Gaetano Barbaro. “Customized Corneal Cross-linking – A Mathematical Model” Cornea 2017; 36:600–604. [pdf] Roy S. Rubinfeld, Ciro Caruso, Carmine Ostacolo “Corneal Cross-Linking - The Science Beyond the Myths and Misconceptions” Cornea 2019 Jun;38(6):780-790.
- Ciro Caruso, Robert L. Epstein, Pasquale Troiano, Carmine Ostacolo, Gaetano Barbaro, Luigi Pacente, Silvia Bartollino, Ciro Costagliola “Topography and Pachymetry Guided, Rapid Epi-on Corneal Cross-Linking for Keratoconus: 7-year Study Results” Cornea 2020;39:56–62.